ROULETTE ADVANTAGE PLAY SYSTEMS & STRATEGIES(Theresa: You roulette writers are so out of it. How many players want to record thousands of numbers only to find out they wasted their time? I’d rather go to the movies. These wheels look unbeatable to me. The other stuff is too much effort and not enough reward. Can’t we just play for fun?)
Look, I am just like any other roulette player (sane ones that is). I want to find biased wheels and dealers with signatures (forget about being a spinster) but I also know these possibilities in today’s game are quite remote. The roulette wheels are just too finely made and they are checked quite frequently. They are well-tuned instruments playing the house-edge symphony.
CASINOS PROTECT THEIR GAMESCasinos all have one thing in common; they want to protect the games against anyone who has figured a way to beat them or cheat them. You can’t blame the head honchos for doing that. Casinos are in business to make money.
Advantage opportunities may be out there but I am not scouring the casinos throughout the world looking for them. There isn’t enough time in a lifetime to bother with that. Some players might be doing such a thing but I have not met any in the last 20 years. I’m sorry to say that but those committed advantage roulette players just don’t seem to be hitting the games as they used to.
However, I can also say that I do not know every player – in fact in the United States alone there are some 54 million casino players! That’s one huge number. Worldwide? Hang on – the estimate by a research team at Washington State University is that 1.6 billion people gamble!
Now, not all these people gamble in casinos but casino gambling is a monstrous enterprise. In fact, I am guessing that most gamblers have, at least at one time or another, tried their luck in Lady Luck’s temples of chance.
Yet dear readers, I have another way to play the game of roulette. Follow me on this.
A NON-ADVANTAGE-PLAY ADVANTAGE PLAYThe trend betting systems I recommended in Chapter 8 are good ways to play, not because they reduce the house edge, but because they reduce how many decisions on which you wager. Memorize this statement: You can’t reduce the house edge (everyone reading this now knows that truth) but you can reduce your expected losses. Fewer losses equal more fun.
So layout trend betting schemes that reduce the hit on your bankroll are just fine. They aren’t long-term winners but they are less long-term losers. For most roulette players that can be satisfaction enough.
What if you want another strategy, one based on the (amazingly remote) possibility that you are playing a biased wheel or a dealer with a signature? What if you want to do this but not want to catalogue thousands of spins? Yes, you want your cake and you want to eat it too! You want a non-advantage advantage play! (Yes, I just made that idea up.)
THE SCOREBOARD CAN BE YOUR FRIENDMost scoreboards that casinos use show either the last 16 or the last 20 numbers that have hit. If you are looking for a pretend biased wheel strategy then you look for numbers that have hit two or more times. Most wheels will in fact have one or two numbers that have hit twice (and sometimes more) in 16 or 20 spins.
Once you see such a number or numbers you bet on them. If the number doesn’t hit, you wait a spin and then bet again. You are using the bet-every-other-spin ( just like my simple layout strategy) but you are aiming for a repeat of a repeat number.
If you want to bet every spin, and I am sure many roulette players want this, then cut your bets in half to do so.
You have to realize that the numbers on which you are betting will leave the scoreboard in a short while. Then you have to ask yourself the question, “Should I keep track of those numbers by writing them down?”
If the answer is “no” then just use the scoreboard and those numbers that disappeared are gone and that’s that. Then the numbers on the scoreboard are the only ones that count.
Those of you who want to keep track of the repeating numbers after they leave the scoreboard just write them down on a piece of paper. If they continue to hit, you continue to bet them. When they stop hitting you stop betting on them.
- With over 1.6 billion people gambling, the world of the gambler is monumental.
- You can reduce the number of decisions you face and that will save you money. Use the trend-betting methods in this chapter to do so.
- By mimicking advantage-play techniques, you never know when or where a real advantage will occur.
- The scoreboard is a strong medium for you to figure how to wager.
DEALER (MAYBE) SIGNATURES
If you notice that the numbers on the scoreboard represent a given one-third (a little more or a little less) of the wheel, you might decide to bet those numbers in the belief that the dealer is utilizing his (probably not) signature.
So you bet the next spin on that entire area. What if the ball does not land in that section? Here you wait out a spin to see where the next hit will take place. Should the dealer hit his section again on this one, you keep betting that section until he fails to hit it.
If he doesn’t hit a specific section, you wait a spin; if he does hit it, you bet. The strategy is as simple as that.
NO MOANING AND WHINING ALLOWEDDo not allow yourself to whine or moan when you are sitting out a spin that one of your numbers or sections just hit. So what? It doesn’t matter. The game is random and that’s that. A great man once said, “Let the dead past bury its dead.” That goes triple for roulette.
THE MAD, MAD, MAD ROULETTE STRATEGYI hesitate to even mention this strategy because it is ridiculous – a fun ridiculous; but there are some critics of casino gambling that say all casino gambling is ridiculous (these folks usually have sour faces) and one should avoid getting involved in such ridiculousness.
So this strategy is for them – and for you too, since you can try this tactic. Please realize it has no chance to win in the long run or even pretend that it is an advantage playing method. But as with many of my roulette strategy recommendations I think it is a fun way to play – ridiculous but fun and to heck with people with sour faces. Those people make no one happy.
Look for a hot player at a roulette table and bet with him or her. That’s all there is to it.
If you can’t decide who is hot, just ask, “How are you doing?” If the person says “great” or “good” mimic their betting patterns. Do this a few times. If you win keep doing it; if you lose, stop doing it and go to another strategy or another table.
Just as easy; you watch the game and players carefully and when you see someone winning a few rounds, bet with them.
(Caution: If the person is betting a load of numbers, pass him or her by. The number of numbers will make him appear to be lucky but it would be costly to bet many numbers straight-up.)
- Play with class and leave the moaning, groaning and angry displays for those players who have little or no class.
- You can try to borrow someone else’s luck by finding a winner and betting with him or her.
- If the person keeps winning, keep betting with that person. If the person loses a decision or two, move on to the next lucky player.
Quiz1. Aside from winning money the casinos’ main concern is what?
2. How many casino gamblers are there in the United States?
3. How many casino gamblers are there in the world?
4. What is a non-advantage-play advantage play?
5. Why is the scoreboard the friend to non-advantage-play advantage-players?
6. How do you look for biased numbers on a (probably) non-biased wheel?
7. How do you track dealer signatures on the non-advantage-play advantage playing?
8. What is the basis of the mad, mad, mad roulette strategy?
9. Why is it important not to whine or moan when you are playing?
10. If a player who seems lucky is actually betting a lot of numbers straight-up why should you pass him by?
ANSWERS1. The casinos’ main concern is protecting their games from cheats and advantage players.
2. There are approximately 54 million casino gamblers in the United States.
3. There are approximately 1.6 billion people in the world who have gambled.
4. A non-advantage-play advantage play is using the methods of finding biased wheels, dealer signatures and the like even though the proper number of spins is not used. It is probably simply a random game but – so what?
5. The scoreboard is to be used to find (hopefully) biased numbers and (hopefully) dealers with signatures.
6. Any number that has appeared twice or more on the scoreboard is considered a (hopefully) biased number.
7. If the dealer has landed the ball a few times in a given section of the wheel (say a third or less) then you bet that section.
8. The “mad” strategy calls for finding players who have been lucky and mimicking their bets in the hope that they will continue to be lucky.
9. Whining and moaning annoys other players, the dealers, the floor person, the pit boss. It shows a lack of character.
10. You pass by supposedly lucky players who are betting a lot of numbers because these players are throwing out a lot of money. This is not worth the risk.